Banana Bread Granola
Yield: 10 servingsIngredients:
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup or more maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if desired)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed bananas, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon until incorporated. Add remaining ingredients (oats, pecans, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds) and toss until well coated and mixed. On a large, parchment lined baking sheet, spread granola mixture into an even flat layer. If you have to, use two baking sheets so that the granola is not overly crowded.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring at least once half way through. Granola is done when it's dry and golden.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
The more you stir the granola the fewer clusters you will have. Keep an eye on your granola while baking as it can brown easily. I would recommend checking the granola around the 20 minute mark and then there after.