Yield: 2-3 servingsIngredients:
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- For the salad:
- olive oil or melted butter
- 1/3 - 1/2 sourdough loaf, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1/2 pint, halved
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 turkey bacon slices, cooked and roughly chopped
- In a small bowl whisk all dressing ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush slices of sourdough with olive oil or melted butter until lightly coated. Lay slices of bread on a baking sheet and place into oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden in color, flipping slices half way through. Remove from oven and let cool enough to touch. Cut slices into bite sized cubes.
- In a large bowl add cubed bread, cherry tomatoes, arugula and bacon. Toss ingredients until evenly dispersed.
- Add dressing to bowl of salad, starting with 1/2 and slowly adding more to taste. You can also dress each bowl of salad on it's own with desired amount.
- Serve immediately.
Feel free to use different quantities of toasted bread, tomatoes, arugula and bacon. Serve salad immediately or store all ingredients separately until ready to serve. You can also garnish with Parmesan or Asiago cheese if desired.