Caramel Hot Chocolate
Yield: 4 servingsIngredients:
- 1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped (vegan chocolate, if desired)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (vegan chocolate, if desired)
- 3 tablespoons Caramel Sauce
- In a saucepan whisk together canned and regular coconut milk. Over medium heat bring coconut milk mixture to just below a simmer. Remove from heat and add chocolate while whisking vigorously, and being sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the saucepan for any runaway chocolate. Once chocolate has been incorporated add caramel sauce and whisk yet again to combine. Return to heat if necessary and serve hot.
To make vegan: simply swap out chocolates for vegan chocolate or cacao. If you like your hot chocolate super chocolatey feel free to add more equal amounts of chocolate after adding all other ingredients and hot chocolate has been tasted. You may need to reheat (gently) the hot chocolate for the chocolate to melt properly.