Skinny Chicken Milanese
Yield: 4 servingsIngredients:
- For the chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Italian panko breadcrumbs (gluten free if necessary)
- For the salad:
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with a large baking sheet inside.
- In a small bowl mix brown rice flour, salt and garlic powder together. Grab three medium sized plates and pour flour mixture on to ONE of them. Place the beaten egg on the second plate. And the breadcrumbs on the third.
- Pound each chicken half into cutlets and pat dry. Take one piece of chicken and lay it in the flour mixture flipping to coat both sides. Then dip the chicken into the egg again flip to coat both sides. Finally place the chicken in the breadcrumbs and coat both sides, pressing firmly to get the breadcrumbs to adhere. Repeat steps with remaining three chicken halves.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and lightly coat with cooking spray. Place prepared chicken onto baking sheet. Coat chicken with cooking spray and place into oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done and turned golden, flipping chicken half way through.
- Remove chicken from oven and let stand 8-10 minutes so that the juices remain rendered in the meat.
- While chicken is resting mix all salad ingredients together in a medium/large bowl.
- Top chicken with salad mix and serve.
If you find that your chicken is not turning golden in color spray a little more cooking spray over top, just don't over bake your chicken looking for that golden color. It will still have a nice crunch to it nonetheless.