Chocolate Covered Crispy Peanut Butter Bites
Yield: 24-30+ bitesIngredients:
- For the peanut butter bites:
- 1 1/2 cups rice cereal (I used brown rice)
- 1 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- For the chocolate coating:
- 8 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl add rice cereal and set aside. In a small microwave safe bowl heat peanut butter to a runny consistency, work in 20 second segments stirring each time. Add coconut sugar and maple syrup to warmed peanut butter and stir to combine. Pour peanut butter mixture over rice cereal and stir until evenly combined, once cool enough to touch feel free to use your hand(s) to help combine. Roll bites into tablespoon sized balls and set on a large parchment paper lined baking sheet. Let set.
- In a double boiler gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Once chocolate is melted and smooth, using a fork, drop one peanut butter bite into the chocolate. Quickly toss the bite around in the chocolate, and then lightly shake/jiggle off any excess. Set the dipped peanut butter bite back onto the baking sheet where it came from. Repeat with each bite until all have been coated in chocolate. If looking to add crushed peanuts or other toppings to the bites, have these ready and sprinkle lightly on top of freshly dipped bites so that they will adhere to the chocolate.
- Once all bites are coated, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator until chocolate has set. When the chocolate has set you can move the bites to an airtight container or begin chowing down.
These little bites are on the sweet and rich site if using sweetened peanut butter and both sweeteners.