Yield: 6-8 servingsIngredients:
- 3 pounds assorted tomatoes, peeled & chopped*
- 5 persian cucumbers, chopped
- 2 large bell peppers (yellow & orange), chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/3 cup grape seed or olive oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 cups tomato juice
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon or more red cayenne pepper sauce (tobasco)
- In a large mixing bowl that has a lid, mix all ingredients including their juices together until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until gazpacho is cold throughout. Enjoy cold.
*I like to use heirloom, roma, and vine tomatoes that I have on hand in the garden. The amount of tomato juice needed is dependent on how much juice your tomatoes give while cutting, and your desired consistency. For a super easy and quick way to peel tomatoes check out the "Foodie Pointers" section of this post.