Creamy Buffalo Hummus
Yield: 4 servingsIngredients:
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed & can liquid reserved
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
- 2-4 tablespoons garbanzo can liquid, or water
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- salt to taste (I used 1/4 teaspoon)
- Remove skins from the garbanzo beans by lightly pinching the bean and discarding the skin. Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth. Adjust hot sauce to liking and blend again if necessary. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Another way to remove the skins are to lay the beans out on paper towels and slightly massage them with the palms of your hands. This will separate the skins from the beans leaving you to simply pick out the skins.