Hatch Chile HummusIngredients:
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and
- 2-4 roasted hatch chilies, skinned,
stem removed and seeded
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 tablespoons water
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth. Adjust salt, water, and amount of chiles to liking. Refrigerate until cooled and ready to serve.
Garbanzo Beans: For a creamy hummus the skins of the beans should be removed. You can take each one and give it a pinch and the skin will come right off. Or you can lay the beans on paper towels and slightly massage them with the palms of your hands. This will separate the skins from the beans leaving you to simply pick out the skins. Chiles: Start with one chile and work your way up if you are nervous about the level of heat. If you can't find Hatch chiles Anaheim peppers will also work. Water: Adding more or less water will dictate how thick your hummus will be. As it's refrigerated it will also thicken, keep that in mind.