Yield: 3 servingsIngredients:
- 3 large russet potatoes, baked
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 3 even pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1-3 turkey bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- garlic powder (optional)
- optional toppings: chives, sour cream, additional bacon and/or cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take one baked potato at a time and lay it on it's side. Next carefully with a knife remove the top third of each potato.
- With a spoon hollow out the middle of each baked potato creating a boat/bowl, leaving the sides as thick or thin as you like.
- Place one piece (1/3 tablespoon) of butter, followed by gently breaking one egg into each potato. Top each potato with desired amount of bacon and cheese. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper (if desired).
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes, or until egg whites have set. Serve immediately.
The more you remove from the inside of the baked potato the more room you will have for toppings, i.e. bacon and cheese. Feel free to make a small bowl of mashed potatoes with the potato removed.
[adapted from Gimme Some Oven]