Lemon Millet with Grilled Asparagus and Blistered Tomatoes
Yield: 4 servingsIngredients:
- 1 cup millet
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil
- 1 bundle asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- dash of crushed red pepper (optional)
- For the millet:
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium-high heat, toast the millet until lightly golden and nutty in fragrance. Approximately 4-5 minutes. Add 2 cups of water (careful it will splish splash) and bring to a light boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for an additional 10 minutes covered. Remove lid, fluff millet and add fresh lemon juice. Stir to incorporate add salt and pepper as needed.
- For the vegetables:
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Skewer cherry tomatoes. Lightly brush tomatoes and asparagus with garlic olive oil. Place skewered tomatoes and asparagus on grill/grill pan. Grill tomatoes until blistered approximately 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway. Grill asparagus until just tender, approximately 10 minutes, again flipping halfway.
- To serve, layer plate with lemon millet, asparagus and blistered tomatoes. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, salt and pepper (if desired). Serve immediately.
If using bamboo skewers on the grill, soak skewers in water for 20 minutes prior to using. If you do not have garlic olive oil, simply combine 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1-2 cloves of pressed garlic.