Little Gem Wedge Salad with Herb Dressing
Yield: 3-4 servings, or 6-8 side servingsIngredients:
- For the salad:
- 3-4 little gem lettuce heads, halved lengthwise
- radishes, thinly sliced
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- red onion, thinly sliced
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup Just Mayo
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 ounce fresh chives, finely diced
- 1/3 ounce fresh basil, finely diced
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup (optional)*
- s&p to taste
- water to thin
- Prepare salad with toppings as desired.
- In a small mixing bowl mix all dressing ingredients together, adding water to thin to desired consistency. Dressing is best when made in advance and has had time for the ingredients to mingle. I like to make it a day in advance, but a few hours or immediately work too. Alternatively, the dressing can be blended instead of hand mixed, producing a green goddess-esque dressing.
*If you find the dressing too acidic or tangy, or like a slightly sweeter salad dressing, simply add a little sweetener to taste. For additional crunch, you can top the salad with hemp seeds or another seed/nut of choice. I've also added in fresh parsley at times, as well as fresh tarragon to the dressing for an even more herby flavor.