Mean Green Pesto Pasta
Yield: 6 servingsIngredients:
- 12 ounces orecchiette (gluten free, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into thirds
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3/4 - 1 cup roasted garlic walnut pesto
- Cook orecchiette according to package directions. Drain and rinse well with water. Set aside.
- In a large dutch oven or stockpot heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add minced shallot and cook for one minute while stirring. Add green beans and asparagus. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add frozen peas, and continue to cook while stirring occasionally for another five minutes, or until vegetables have reached desired tenderness. If vegetables begin to brown reduce heat slightly, and stir more frequently.
- Once vegetables are done, add drained cooked orecchiette and stir to combine. Let cook for 2 minutes and then remove from heat. Add pesto and stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Can be served hot, room temperature or cold.