Mean Green Skillet Roasted Potatoes
Yield: 4 side servingsIngredients:
- For the potatoes:
- 1 1/2 lbs baby or fingerling potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup Not-Chick'n broth
- For the greens:
- 3 large lacinato (dinosaur) kale leaves, tough stems removed
- 3/4 ounce fresh parsley
- 1/2 ounce fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (approx. 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- drizzle or more of grape seed oil or Not-Chick'n broth
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat melt coconut oil. Add sliced potatoes and stir to coat with oil. Cook potatoes until they are nicely golden on both sides, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Carefully pour in chicken broth and reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook potatoes until liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally. When liquid is gone, remove pan from heat and let set for 2 minutes.
- While potatoes sit, place all greens ingredients into a food process or blender and pulse until finely chopped, adding additional oil or broth as needed. Add greens to potatoes and toss to coat. Taste and add additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve warm.
Please see the "Foodie Pointers" section of this post for additional tips.