Multi-Grain Pumpkin French Toast
Yield: 5-7 slicesIngredients:
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 5-7 slices multi-grain bread
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk all ingredients except bread until well combined.
- Lightly spray the heated skillet with cooking spray. Place one slice of bread into the pumpkin mixture flipping to coat both side and add to skillet.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until done and browned as desired. Lightly coat skillet again with cooking spray and continue to repeat steps with each additional slice of bread until pumpkin mixture is gone.
- Serve immediately with delicious maple syrup, butter and/or your favorite toppings.
Depending on how long you soak your bread in the mixture will impact how many slices you can make. If you have a griddle feel free to use it and cook more slices at a time. Nutritional facts are based off of two slices with no maple syrup or butter used.