Peach & Coconut Chai Oatmeal
Yield: 1 servingIngredients:
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (gluten free, if needed)
- 2/3 cup strong brewed chai tea
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (I used So Delicious, Original)
- 1 yellow fleshed peach, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Toppings: coconut flakes or shredded coconut, additional maple syrup
- In a microwave safe bowl, add oats, tea and coconut milk, stirring to combine. In a microwave. heat oat mixture for 2 minutes. If necessary, continue cook until desired thickness has been reached. Just keep in mind that the oatmeal will thicken as it cools. Set aside.
- While oats cool slightly, in a small nonstick pan melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add peach slices and cook until they soften and darken slightly in color, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove peaches from heat and toss in maple syrup. Layer peaches on top of oatmeal, sprinkle with coconut flakes and add a drizzle maple syrup.
- Enjoy immediately.
If you prefer a more liquidy oatmeal feel free to add more coconut milk or tea after cooking to obtain desired consistency. If you find tea to be bitter at all, simply add additional maple syrup to sweeten the oatmeal or use a 1/2 and 1/2 liquid ratio, instead of the above 2/3 to 1/3. You could also top oatmeal with pecans for additional nutrition and crunch. I used unsweetened coconut for my oatmeal.