Simple Black Bean Dip
Yield: 4 servingsIngredients:
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- In a food processor or high speed blender add all ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and add more spices, salt and/or, water to smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I normally just wing the spices, and sometimes substitute in smoked paprika for a little change. Or if feeling lazy, sub all other ingredients besides black beans out for 1-2 tablespoons of salsa. Make this baby to your taste and it will be all the better.