Slow Cooker Creamy Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes
Yield: 6-8 servingsIngredients:
- 3 pounds red skin potatoes, cleaned & chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-4 garlic cloves, pressed (I used 3)
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 thyme sprig, stem removed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, plus more to taste
- In a slow cooker, place potatoes, chicken broth, milk, butter and garlic, in that order. Cover and cook 4-5 hours on high, or 7-8 hours on low. When potatoes are nice and tender, mash or blend (with a hand mixer) potatoes directly in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate. Taste and add additional seasoning, milk, butter or mascarpone as desired and stir or mash/blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve immediately.
These potatoes will be on the thicker side, just add additional milk to thin if desired. If your slow cooker runs hot, check an hour before the lowest given time (so at 3 hours or 6 hours respectively). Sour cream can be used in place of mascarpone if you don't mind the slight tang sour cream has. Or you can simply add more butter/milk to get desired consistency.