Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Chips
Yield: 2-4 servingsIngredients:
- 1 large sweet potato or yam, washed/scrubbed (NOT peeled)
- olive oil spray
- chipotle powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a mandoline carefully slice sweet potato using a "1" setting. You want full slices and for them not to be see through, but not to be thick. Once entire potato has been sliced, lightly spray with olive oil. You want just a light coating on both sides, do not saturate. Slices should be just a tad bit moist from spray and not soaking/wet. Then sprinkle slices with chipotle powder, as little or as much as you like (it's spicy so beware).
- Place slices flat and in a single layer on baking sheet. You may need to bake multiple batches depending on the number of slices. Place baking sheet in oven.
- Bake slices for 10 minutes, flip slices over and rotate pan. Bake for another 10 minutes, while beginning to check after 5 minutes. When slices have began to lightly brown on edges and centers appear drier (not glistening/wet) pull chips out and lay flat in a single layer to cool. Chips will take varying amounts of time to cook, so just keep pulling those that have finished and cooking until all have finished baking.
Please see tips in post to help with baking the chips. If spicy isn't your thing you can sprinkle with paprika instead or give it even more flavor with garlic powder. If using a smaller potato your bake time will be shorter. Flip your slices at 8 minutes or less and watch carefully after just 2-3 minutes.