Spicy Maple Smoked Gouda Stuffed Chicken BreastsIngredients:
- 1/3 cup maple syrup Grade B
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 ounces smoked Gouda cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix maple syrup and Sriracha until combined. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, butterfly the chicken to create a pocket. Slice cheese into three even pieces, placing one piece inside each pocket. Press the chicken gently to close and insert two toothpicks into each breast to secure and seal chicken. If necessary roll the chicken to create a better seal, then secure with toothpicks.
- In a lightly coated/sprayed 8x8 inch pan, place each chicken breast so that they are not touching. Lightly sprinkle salt over chicken. Pour maple Sriracha sauce over chicken and place pan in oven. Bake for approximately 22-25 minutes, or until cooked through, spooning sauce over top of chicken half way through.
- Serve immediately with sauce from pan drizzled over top. Garnish with additional cheese and/or parsley.
If you can't find smoked Gouda, try to find a comparable smoked cheese.