Spring Pea & Roasted Radish Risotto
Yield: 4 servingsIngredients:
- 1 heaping tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 2 large shallots, quartered vertically & thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 – 1 cup white wine (I used a Pino Grigio)
- 6 cups Not-Chick'n broth
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3/4 cup peas, cooked
- salt & pepper
- chive mustard butter roasted radishes
- In a large saucepan heat Not-Chick'n broth over low heat. Continue keeping broth warm.
- In a large dutch oven, heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Add shallots and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add Arborio rice and stir to combine. Cook until rice is glistening.
- Add wine and stir while scraping the bottom of the pan for any adhered bits. Continuing cooking and stirring until wine is completely absorbed.
- Reduce heat to low/medium and add a half-cup of warmed chicken broth to the rice mixture. Gently stir to combine rice and chicken broth. When the broth has been absorbed, add another half-cup of broth and continue the process of stirring and allowing the rice to absorb the broth until 4 cups of broth have been added and absorbed. Taste the rice to determine it's consistency, it should be tender but have a slight bite left to it (or prepare as desired). Continue to add broth until you have the desired consistency.
- Stir in nutritional yeast if using, taste, and add salt and pepper as desired. Gently stir cooked peas into finished risotto and top with chive mustard butter roasted radishes. Garnish with additional chives as desired.
Additional broth can be substituted for wine, if necessary.