White Chocolate Pumpkin Espresso Bark
Yield: 12 servingsIngredients:
- 12 ounces quality white chocolate (chopped if using a bar)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground espresso, or instant espresso
- Line a medium/large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave heat pumpkin puree in a microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds. Remove and stir in pumpkin spice and espresso. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler over a very low simmer, stirring until smooth. Pour 2/3 of the melted chocolate onto the lined baking sheet. With a spatula spread the melted chocolate out to create desired level of thickness.
- Add warm pumpkin mixture into remaining melted chocolate. Stir to combine. Pour over the white chocolate layer and again using a spatula spread to evenly cover the white chocolate layer.
- (Optional) With the point of a toothpick working quickly, lightly swirl chocolate to create a swirled effect.
- Place baking sheet into a refrigerator and let chill for at least 1 hour or until fully hardened. Remove from refrigerator and either break bark into pieces or use a knife to cut into irregular shapes. Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in a refrigerator until ready to serve.
To make a double boiler if you do not have one, use a saucepan with a oven/heat safe bowl on top. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of your bowl or top pan if using a double boiler - this can scorch your chocolate making it unusable .